Udyam registration (Udyog Aadhar) for traders

Udyam registration (Udyog Aadhar) applicable for traders! MSME registration for traders !
Udyam registration (Udyog Aadhar) for traders

In recent times, for boosting small-scale businesses i.e. MSME sector, the Government of India launched various schemes and incentives, subsidized loan etc. To avail various MSME benefits Government started Udyog Aadhaar Registration now known as Udyam Registration . Earlier, these documents were known as SSI registration or MSME registration. 

Since the launch of Udyog Aadhar or Udyam Registration almost every bank or other departments ask for MSME certificate/ Udyog Aadhar or Udyam registration. Even for opening bank accounts of small proprietary firms banks are asking for MSME registration / Udyog aadhar, without knowing whether MSME registration applicable to Traders or not? 

Being the aadhar of small business/MSME, businessman used to get it by any means whether such registration is really required for his/her business or not. 

Can trader register under MSME?

Traders were barred from MSME registration / Udyog aadhar / Udyam registration earlier till 02/07/2021.

Now wholesale & retail traders can take Udyam registration /Udyog aadhar vide office memorandum no 5/2(2)/2021-E/P&G/Policy (E-19025) dated 02/07/2021.

Even street vendors can register as retail traders under MSME wide office memorandum 16/17/2020-P&G/Policy (E-19421) dated 09/08/2021 

*Update as on 02/07/2021
However MSME Hon'ble Minister Shri Nitinji Gadkariji, tweeted on 02nd July 2021, that wholesale and retail traders will be included in MSME classification and benefit of priority sector lending benefits will be provided to wholesale & retail trades. 

#Read more about MSME classifications
#Read more about MSME


Popular posts from this blog

PF payment due dates for the FY 2020-21 for tax audit reporting

PF payment due dates for the FY 2021-22 for reporting u/s 36(1)(va)

Format of shorter notice consent for AGM (Annual General Meeting)

PF payment due dates for the FY 2022-23 for reporting u/s 36(1)(va)

Letter of Authority for Tax Practitioners (Income tax)